PLEASE NOTE: The following guidelines are subject to change as directives provided by governing authorities, health officials, or public health conditions change. Check the CATN website for updated, accurate information. For any questions during the school year regarding this policy, please email questions.CATN@gmail.com.
- Temperature checks will be required weekly for all people entering buildings at CATN. Anyone with a temperature higher than 99.6°F will be sent home.
- Monitors stationed outside the Education building and the Fellowship Hall will check temperatures before students, monitors, and teachers enter any building. Weekly, a color-coded dot will be placed on the student/teacher/monitor ID badge to indicate the completion of the temperature screen.
- Face-coverings are not required while on the CATN campus.
- Teachers will assign seating for all students.
- All hallway traffic will be one-way. Monitors will direct hallway traffic between classes. Persons will enter buildings through the doorways facing the courtyards and exit through doorways leading outside the courtyard.
- Doors to the buildings will be propped open (weather permitting) or opened by monitors.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be set-up at each entrance to the buildings, and teachers will provide hand sanitizer in the classroom.
- Monitors will clean/sanitize restrooms, stair-railings, doors and handles regularly.
- Teachers will sanitize chairs, tables, and any other class equipment in-between classes.
- Students are not allowed to congregate and wait for a class in hallways. Instead, students will wait outside the building with monitors facilitating entrance a few minutes before class begins.
- Lunch for purchase this year will be Domino’s pizza, bottled water or soda, and chips. An additional email with further information, pricing, etc. will follow in the coming weeks.
- Monitors will regularly sanitize surfaces, chairs, and door handles throughout the day.
Students should not attend co-op if any of the following apply:
- Exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms (as listed below) in the past 24 hours that are not related to chronic illness like asthma or allergies
- Fever or chills
- New cough
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose (from known seasonal allergies is an exception)
- Nausea or vomiting
- Have a confirmed case of COVID-19 within the past 10 days or have been in close contact with a person with a confirmed case of COVID-19. Students must follow all isolation and quarantine guidelines from the local health authority or their physician.
- Awaiting COVID-19 test results or have a household member who is awaiting COVID-19 test results.
- Have traveled internationally or on a cruise in the past 14 days. Students must follow current CDC self-quarantine recommendations.https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/notices
Students testing positive for COVID-19
Students testing positive for COVID-19 with no symptoms may return to co-op 10 days after the positive test result was obtained. No negative follow-up test is required.
Students testing positive for COVID-19 with mild symptoms may return to co-op 10 days after the date the positive test result was obtained, and at least 24 hours have passed with no fever without fever-reducing medications, and symptoms have improved. No negative follow-up test is required.
While The Classes at Town North is following current COVID-19 guidelines outlined by governing authorities, it is up to the individual family to decide what is best for their student(s) as risk is involved in all aspects of life. The guidelines above are subject to change as COVID-19 recommendations are updated by the governing authorities.